French Tarte Tatin Recipe
For the apples:
- 4 Apples
- 5.3oz of butter
- 5.3oz of sugar
- Half tsp of cinnamon
- Pie Dough (Soon a post on how to make your own Pie dough)
Preparation of the apples
- Peel your apples, cut it in half and empty it
- Heat the sugar and butter in a big pan. Add the cinnamon and keep heating until caramelization
- Add the apples and cook it for 10 minutes
- Pre-Heat your oven at 428°F (therm. 7-8). Butter your mold then add sugar
- Add the Apples in the mold, real tight, and sprinkle Powdered sugar. Bake it for 45 minutes
Preparation of your Pie Dough
- Put the Pie dough and cut a circle a bit larger than your mold diameter. Refrigerate it.
- Put out your mold from the oven, let it chill. Then put the dough on top of the mold.
- Pass the rolling pin on top of the dough to remove the extra dough. Bring down your oven to 390°F (therm. 6-7) and cook it for 20 minutes
- Let it chill for at least 4 hours. Then unmold the Tarte Tatin
Please comment if you need more advice about this recipe. We'll be happy to see your results!